Mission and Values
Since 1972, we have established a welcoming and inclusive community. Our diverse cultures and languages drive all our learning experiences.
We nurture creativity and curiosity to stimulate deep thinking. We foster insight, compassion and resilience to enable us to play a meaningful part in a changing world.
We celebrate our stories, our worth and our purpose to make a difference in a shared world.
The core values at the International School of London are:
Understanding is the compassion, learning, commitment, respect, and trust needed to understand ourselves and others to thrive in a complex world. I understand.
Identity is the nurturing of the individual within a multicultural context, providing a platform for self- expression and awareness as empowered international citizens. I belong.
Passion is the driver of the schools’ love for learning and growing, whether in the classroom, on the playing fields, in after school activities or in our contribution to better our communities and futures. I dream.
Diversity is embracing and learning from each other—our many cultures, languages, experiences, beliefs and backgrounds, and our varied perspectives—in order to expand our minds, foster creativity and lead in innovation. I succeed.
The ISL education philosophy is based on the following core values and applies to our students, teaching and administrative staff:
- A commitment to the acquisition of knowledge and the achievement of personal potential.
- The pursuit of excellence in all areas of activity and effort.
- Respect of self and others including the recognition of the uniqueness of each individual.
- Social and civic responsibility which seeks to explore and promote the common good and values, social justice, cultural diversity and the emotional and physical well being of others.
- Concern and respect for the natural and cultural environment.
- Treating all members of the community with respect, honesty and integrity.